I have a huge amount of respect for moms that stay home with their children. Why? I am such a mom, and I know that it is the most challenging job a person can ever have. I used to work full time, and my first child went to daycare when he was just 2-months. Needless to say, I couldn’t bear the thought that, though I gave birth to this beautiful boy, the daycare nannies knew him more than I did. This, and many other reasons, which is a topic for another time, led me to stay at home. I truly love it.
While you are enjoying your kids all day, you can still have bits of time, here and there, to slowly launch your dream line of work. This way, you can have the best of both worlds: be at home with your precious kids while at the same time working and making money on something you love, and being your own boss.
Regardless of what you would like to do, be it to launch a blog, a service business, a product business, etc, you must learn how to use Twitter and Facebook. Twitter and Facebook are truly wonderful tools that are there, FREE, for you to take full advantage of. And, you don’t need large stretches of time to interact and use them; all you need are bits of time throughout the day—exactly what a mom has.
What follows are a few of the many ways you can use Twitter and Facebook to greatly push yourself and your business toward launch and then success. Both social media platforms have the same goal, which is to interact with people online; and the most awesome thing ever, is that you can do all of it from the comfort of your own home.
Ways You Can Use Twitter and Facebook to Launch and Succeed at a Business
- Search for people that work in your field, including famous ones. Follow, friend, and interact with them. I cannot emphasize how important this is; and the best part is that you can do it from home. You can literally build a huge network of relevant people this way.
- Follow inspiring people and read their tweets and Facebook status messages everyday: this is what drives me to success every single day; I overload my brain with lots of encouraging and positive messages.
- Build a Twitter and Facebook following on a specific niche, and then launch your product, blog, or service. What else could you wish for? You interact with people first, and show them that they can trust you and have credibility in you. Once you launch your business, word of mouth will boost your business tremendously, better than any advertising.
- Interact with customers to know exactly what they like or don’t like about your product: this is a must for any successful endeavor.
- Post pictures of yourself and your family and tell them about your life a little at a time; this will personalize your brand tremendously. It will allow people to get to know you better and, therefore, establish trust. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes; why should you believe a person’s evaluation of a product as awesome, for example, if you barely know who that person is?
- Post tweets and Facebook messages that are of value to the people interested in your niche. The nice factor about Twitter and Facebook, once again, is that you can do this in bits and pieces every day.
• Give yourself a couple of months of “playing” around with Twitter and Facebook in order to become very familiar with it. Don’t just sign up and after a few days quit because you don’t see that they work. They do work. But you have to be patient. One thing is for sure: if you interact with people relevant to your field on Twitter and Facebook, you will be successful in building an absolutely awesome network of like-minded people.